“Heh. Whilst I sit in my home designed with scientifically engineered materials including stabilization methods scientifically discovered, using electricity generated by a scientifically created power plant, using scientifically developed wifi, on my scientifically created laptop made of scientifically made materials I’m going to ridicule you about your reliance on science instead of faith and how everyone who created everything I benefit from are wrong because my book, which I also have on my scientifically made IPad, is much more accurate than your science. Heh.”
- Where do you get your morals from?
- I get my morals from common fucking sense. I don’t need a book to tell me to not kill, rape, or steal. Why do you?
- What do atheists hate god?
- Why don’t you understand the true definition of “atheist”? Go and look up misotheism and get back to me.
- What happened to you where you’re so mad at god?
- I don’t know how anyone can be mad at something they don’t believe to exist.
- Why are you always bashing a god you don’t believe in?
- Why does god answer all of MY prayers if he isn’t real?
- What makes you so special that your prayers are being answered in the first place? Those that REALLY need him don’t get their prayers answered.
- How are you black and not a Christian?
- How are you a woman and a Christian? Blacks should be the last people who are religious. Just because the mass majority are religious, doesn’t mean I have to be. I’m awake, they aren’t.
- Do you have evidence of god‘s nonexistence?
- Do you have evidence of god’s existence? I mean, telling me to look around and see for myself is an opinion, not a fact. Telling me that he woke me up this morning is fucked up. Handing me a bible isn’t evidence either.
- How can you raise your children to have morals if you don’t have any?
- See question #1.
- Do you worship Satan?
- You’re the one with the god hanging off your tit. Wouldn’t it be you that worships Satan? Seeing as when something awful happens, it’s the “Devils work?” Hmm?
- Do you think murder is wrong?
- Why yes, yes the fuck I do. What in the hell does that have to do with atheism? Your god is totally okay with murder. Why not pray and ask him if he think murder is wrong.
- How do you explain near death experiences?
- It could be the afterlife, as many people who have come close to dying have asserted. But a new study says it might well be a show created by the brain, which is still very much alive. When the heart stops, neurons in the brain appeared to communicate at an even higher level than normal, perhaps setting off the last picture show, packed with special effects.“A lot of people believed that what they saw was heaven,” said lead researcher and neurologist Jimo Borjigin. “Science hadn’t given them a convincing alternative.” Scientists from the University of Michigan recorded electroencephalogram (EEG) signals in nine anesthetized rats after inducing cardiac arrest. Within the first 30 seconds after the heart had stopped, all the mammals displayed a surge of highly synchronized brain activity that had features associated with consciousness and visual activation. The burst of electrical patterns even exceeded levels seen during a normal, awake state. In other words, they may have been having the rodent version of a near-death experience. [Source]Science. That’s how.
- Who named all the animals?
- It is stated that Adam named all the animals in one fucking day; day 6. [See Genesis] God brought all the animals to Adam to name. That in itself is ridiculous. Where’s the record of all these animals that were named? How come there are thousands of species still being found out for the first time? Where’s Adam to name em’? What’s even more funny, if you read the bible – Genesis at least – there would be no need to ask us this question.
- Don’t you want to go to heaven?
- Why do you eat babies?
- Now, if we were really going around eating babies, wouldn’t there be a national investigation going on? Do you think before asking me these dumb ass questions?
- How did something come from nothing?
- How did god come from nothing?
- Why can’t [you people] leave us religious people alone?
- I’ll do that when religion stop trying to impose their bullshit on everyone. Starting with ‘The Pledge of Allegiance‘ and ‘In god we trust‘. Then after that, when idiots stop carving concrete slabs of the 10 Commandments and sticking them every fucking where. After that, when people stop having to ‘swear on the bible’.
- Why don’t you have faith?
- b (1) : fidelity to one’s promises (2) : sincerity of intentions 2 a (1) : belief and trust in and loyalty to God (2) : belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof (2) : complete trust 3 : something that is believed especially with strong conviction; especially : a system of religious beliefs : without question [Source]
- What will you do when the rapture comes?
- If that day come, I’ll have a lot of questions to ask your absent god.
- Why do atheists celebrate Christmas?
- Who doesn’t like presents? Also, if your god was real, he would have been born in the spring, not December 25th. Your holiday is Pagan. Why do YOU celebrate Christmas?
- Do you even know our lord?
- That’s the main reason I’m an atheist, so yes. I know him/it better than you do.
- How did you wake up this morning if god didn’t exist?
- My alarm clock/biological clock/son. If god is waking me up before I’m ready to wake up then your god’s a dick. If your god was real, he could allow me to stay asleep; with all the other atheists as well.
- Do you believe in sin?
- Yep. The same way I don’t believe in the Easter Bunny.
- Did you know that Jesus died on the cross for you?
- Yea, he didn’t stay dead though. Dude got up after 2 in a half days. How in the fuck is that a sacrifice?
- So who created the world then?
- The bible dates are 2000 years tops. There are steadily finding proof that the world is much much older. If I had to make a gamble, I’d believe that it wasn’t your bastardized religions god didn’t create it. [Source]
- Who do you answer to you when you want something?
- Um, what?!
- How can Atheists be ethical?
- Atheists Attacking New Atheists
- Two Sides of a Religious Debate
- My Family Hates Me Because I’m An Atheist
- Atheists shouldn’t be allowed in the US?
- Does Science Attack God? The Atheist Perspective
- The Difference between Atheism and Satanism
- What is the New Atheism?
- Atheist Billboards: Deliciously antagonistic or just a step too far?
I needed 18 more dollars for my son. I asked my family and friends for this money and they pretty much told me no because of my lack of belief. In that split-second, I almost regretted telling my family and my “friends” I was an atheist. If they still believed I was Christian, I would have had the money and then some without question. I was to the point where I was going to tell them that I was no longer an atheist and have converted back over some time ago; just to get the money I needed for my son.
Again, I don’t know if it was because of it being Black Friday or it was because I was an atheist, maybe both, but I went on my Black Atheist’s page to rant and in under 10 minutes I had the money and then some to help my son.
I sat there and cried in anger…it was anger because my family couldn’t help me, but complete strangers did. I was almost disgusted. I wasn’t expecting people to help me, but they did and I will be forever grateful.
Thank you, guys. You are my family, I know that now. You’ve been with me since the beginning and I love you all.
Note: I know not all Christians are this way. I have an ex mother-in-law that proves that. She gave me so many things for my son before he was even born; even her home. This is just to shed light that people will turn away from you just because of something that really shouldn’t matter when the same blood is flowing through their veins as yours.
If I had to sell my belongings, I was going to get that money for my son. Even if it meant he couldn’t watch his favorite learning show or Yo Gabba Gabba! for a while because of it. His well-being is what matters most. I couldn’t call myself a mother otherwise.
Edit: The reason I couldn’t ask my mother-in-law for the money is because she’s no longer talking to me because I divorced her son; she believes I’m the reason he’s homeless and losing 15 lbs.
I’ll try my best to repay you guys back for what you have given my son. I have a sense of peace right now. I don’t have to worry about my son not having what he really needs.
Again, thank you! I cry tears of joy tonight.
What exactly does that have to do with Black Atheists as a whole? Shouldn’t you be taking that up with the person that shared something from our page on THEIR wall? After I post something, I have no control who shares what, when or where. It’s obvious that a lot of people don’t understand how Facebook work.
Since that seems to be a growing case on BA, I’m going to show you guys how easy, fast and simple it is to build a bridge and get over it.
Now get over it.
The time you spend sending me messages, trolling and spamming the Black Atheist Facebook page with your disapproval of our existence, you could have easily shrugged it off and hidden whatever it was that pissed you off. That or simply scroll past the highly offensive content. But of course, that’s too much like right.
If you’re coming to BA, hopefully it’s to have a debate and to not tell us you’re going to pray for us because you lack a better argument.
The standards of what qualifies as a miracle have really gone down. Now if that statue came to life, put its carpenter skills to work by building some new houses, and magically fed everyone with a few fish, I’d be really impressed.
Ask the statue for some relief funds and see if he’ll answer.
I would rather be awed by nature’s destructive potential, or stand at the base of some bedraggled, lone-surviving coconut palm and be in awe as well of nature’s resilience.
Maybe we should build houses in the shape of Jesus so it will always be left standing.
If you really believe this is real, then you believe god cared more about a statue of himself than all of those people’s lives. Good job!
So many people sending prayers and messages of “god bless” to the people in the Philippines, but surely if you subscribe to their logic and beliefs it was God who sent the storm to mash up their country in the first place. this is cognitive dissonance, when one person holds conflicting beliefs or opinions. Ex: God is good, yet an act of God kills thousands.